This review of the book Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry



... I look at his hand stretched out with the palm of my hand, then I meet the look of cold eyes As the other day, I wanted to read a story about bikers, and not about adult uncles and aunts, but about some young schoolchildren. Want to? Received. True, the book was not single, but serial. But since in the process it turned out that the series was about different heroes, I did not begin to change my plans and decided to start reading with the one that I chose from the very beginning. And the rest to study later. It's true that it did not come later I had enough of this part too, to understand that it's not worth spending your time on these works. My cheeks burn, and I feel heavy as if Thomas is still watching me. Through the lowered eyelashes, I look up at him, and my heart accelerates when our eyes meet. He has blue eyes. Icy blue. His gaze simultaneously makes me curious and horrified. And obviously, I'm hungry for death, because I can not take my eyes off. He raises an eyebrow, and I lose the ability to breathe. What's happening? By and large, I have nothing to say about Walk the Edge the book was not so interesting that I did not even want to discuss it. The narration is terribly prolonged and causes only one desire to stop reading in the middle. In the center of the story is the story of love (and struggle with difficulties) of a bad guy (only in appearance) and a modest, ugly (but very smart) girl. The truth is, how the author described the emergence of their relationship, I was a little embarrassed and seemed too implausible. One evening the heroes meet on the street and fall in love with each other, but the fact that before that they had studied together for several years at school, and there were no prerequisites for sympathy nothing terrible. Nor did she like the enormous number of problems that Cathy McGarry had pushed into this book, half of them looking ridiculously and stupidly impossible. And the denouement, in general, resembles a cheap crime series, full of imaginary drama. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" Yes. My heart does a somersault. And no. Feeling like I was struck in the face. Heroes, as well as the book itself, I did not like. Brianna turned out to be too complex, sometimes resembling an amoeba and completely incapable of standing up for herself. For all the time of reading, there was a strong feeling that she was worried only about her own problems. It was absolutely notclear what the main character found in it. His personality seemed completely uncovered to me. By the author's efforts, Thomas was just a prototype of all modern "bad guys" formidable outside, but rather "soft" inside.


Comments

Popular Posts